European Voluntary Service - Project "BROADER Cultural EVS Experience @ Innsbruck"
Volunteering in an Open cultural platform Participative & Creative Human Rights & Cooperation
The staff members of “Die Bäckerei - Kulturbackstube” are looking for 1 EVS-volunteer from Mexico who wants to support their team in cultural and artistic work starting in early September 2017 until end of August 2018, for 12 moths. Apply for a 1 year EVS project in Innsbruck, Austria.
Application deadline is the 26th of March 2017!!
Some info on the hosting organisation:
The cultural platform “Die Bäckerei - Kulturbackstube” has been hosting EVS volunteers since 2012. Two EVS volunteers are hosted at the same time, starting at different times of the year.
The “Bäckerei” (German word for bakery) is an old former bakery and had not been used for ten years, until 2010. A motivated bunch of people put life into the building. It has now become a successful platform for cultural exchange in Innsbruck and should give the possibility to communicate and share different cultural themes, topics of interest, knowledge and know-how etc. There is no specific target group in “Die Bäckerei - Kulturbackstube”, we have a really wide range of activities suitable for a big spectrum of audience, interests and topics. For example, if someone wants to give weekly Yoga classes or a workshop or wants to organise a concert or an exhibition, this is possible.
Die Bäckerei is a place of experimenting, offering an easy-to-use frame to try out things in the location of 1000m2 space. It should not be just a venue to rent for events. The goal is to support people in putting their ideas into reality and to arrange events together. Moreover the idea is to mix groups of interests and genres and different ages (also in double-events) to create a situation which is not very common but very interesting in the sense of communication, exchange and also networking.
The aim is to get the people to participate and take part in events, workshops, concerts etc., in order to spread the idea of open arts and culture also among everybody. Our priority for 2017 is to improve our communication and social media, and therefore we would like to host a volunteer, no matter which gender, that has some interest or / and experience in this field!
Bäckerei is looking for one EVS volunteer who is motivated to support their organisation in the field of open cultural and artistic work, with the focus on social media and communication for one year, starting in May 2017.!
“Die Bäckerei - Kulturbackstube” is situated in the centre of Innsbruck, the capital of Tyrol, with 130.000 inhabitants. Bäckerei is located within a 10 minutes walking distance from the main train station. The volunteer will live in the centre of the town, in a shared flat. Innsbruck has several cultural venues, libraries, galleries, historic monuments and numerous bars, outdoor and indoor recreational facilities and mountains all around. Furthermore Innsbruck is very close to Switzerland, Germany and Italy. The community around our centre is quite active and plays a main role in the cultural scene of the city. Most of the projects developed here are run by dedicated and highly motivated local people. This makes Die Bäckerei-Kulturbackstube the main venue in Innsbruck where cultural production and diversity is created by locals.
Verein G.u.G. / InfoEck – Jugendinfo Tirol, www.mei-infoeck.at, Innsbruck
InfoEck is a local and regional youth information centre in Innsbruck, Tirol. We coordinate this EVS project, which means that we support the hosting organisation by taking responsability for the administration and finances and for the quality support of this project.
InfoEck coordinates 14 volunteers in the region of Tirol. The responsible coordinator does NOT receive applications, but is ready to answer open questions and to prepare the EVS project with the host, the selected volunteer and the sending organisation! The coordinator is Erika: erika.mischitz[at]infoeck[dot]at (send your applications to Alberto, not to Erika!)
The EVS volunteer will be engaged in a variety of tasks and activities:
• Proactivity: The volunteers will be part of the team at Die Bäckerei – Kulturbackstube and will need to bring in pro-active energy and engagement – the volunteer needs to bring in own ideas and contribution, to fill his/her working time
• Learning about event management: The volunteer will have the chance to accompany our organizers through cultural events and learn from them (sound, light, communication, equipment…). The aim is to have smoothly running events as a result. We try to find a good solution for every specific event together in meetings with the organizers and we guide the volunteers through the preparation and the implementation of the event, e.g. advices in capacity, place, what to keep in mind, technique, how to organize the course of the event.
• Focus on the human rights topic: The focus of the volunteer’s tasks will be on bringing the topic of human rights, paired with international cooperation and creativity into Die Bäckerei’s daily life. The topic of human rights is sometimes present in the platform, but it would be the clear focus of the volunteer to bring in ideas and to network in this area.
• Web content: You need to be interested in and would like to learn how to create web content (taking pictures and videos) for our social media and website
• Team / Office work: Developing ideas with the team – learning from staff members and bringing in own topics, learning how to implement an idea – active participation of the volunteers is welcome (especially in relation with social media and communication, but of course more!). You will work in a motivated, diverse team. You need to participate in regular team meetings and supervisions (weekly, or sometimes more often)
• Lunch: Possibility to cook once a week for all the involved members of „Die Bäckerei“ and for guests, as an intercultural and social act (this is up to the individual volunteer)
• Workshop project (optional): handcraft skills can be developed; any workshop ideas are welcome;
• Cultural management: You will be able to develop, organize and supervise cultural events exhibitions, festivals, concerts, workshops...
• Maintenance of the venue: cleaning, repairing, helping…
Profile of the EVS volunteer. We would be happy to host a volunteer who:
We would be happy to host a volunteer who:
• Is between 18 and 30 years old
• Has personal interest and/or experience in the human rights topic
• Is open-minded, flexible, pro-active and communicative
• Is interested in learning about arts&culture and creating web content
• Brings in practical handcraft skills or is willing to learn
• Has an intermediate English level and is motivation to learn German
• Is willing to find out about his/her skills in cultural work
Finances and Funding:
This project is funded by the European Union programme “Erasmus+: Youth in Action”. Almost all costs for the participation in the youth exchange and the European voluntary Service will be financed by the EU and the hosting organisations.
NOTE: The ONLY financial contribution that the selected volunteer will need to make is to pay a small share of the travel costs from Mexico to Austria and back (both for the Youth Exchange and the EVS). The organisations will of course try everything to support the volunteer financially.
During the voluntary service the volunteer will receive insurance, accommodation, food money (between Euro 250 and 300,-- per month), pocket money (Euro 115,--) and a German course.
VIMEX – Voluntarios Internacionales México
Address of the SO: Plaza de la República No. 51, 2º Piso, Despacho 2. Col. Tabacalera. México, D. F.
Contact Person at SO: Vidal
Volunteering in the field of arts & culture means needing to be flexible sometimes, being ready not to have a strict weekly schedule and to accept working hours also in the evenings and on weekends. In rare occasions, at very busy times, the volunteer’s work might exceed the working-hours limit (38h). In such cases, of course, the volunteer will get additional free time.
Application for the project:
more info: Opencall
Please send your CV and the enclosed APPLICATION FORM to the host organisation via e-mail! You can also send something creative to express your motivation additionally. Contact person is Mr Alberto Sanchez, E-mail: evs.volunteers[at]diebaeckerei[dot]at